Max. length 700 m
Surface area 54 hectares
Max. depth 64 metres
What was once the Weavers Opencast Mine is now Lake Puketrini, a pristine lake for sailing, boating, and swimming.
The area was initially known as Puketirini, which included Lake Rotoiti, which was shown on maps until 1949.
The west shaft of Ralph Mine was at Puketirini and used for rescue after the 1914 explosion. The site was identified as a potential coal mine in 1929 and land was bought by the government between 1940 and 1980.
The shoreline was shaped by 1999 and the lake was full by 2005. In December 2006, Waikato District Council acquired part of the site for recreational use from Solid Energy.